If you knew you only had six months to live, what would you do with those six months?
Here’s what I would do.
- I’d spend most of the time with my family and a few close friends. Loving, laughing, reminiscing, reflecting, praying…preparing.
- I’d spend time recording (either through writing or via video) the most important things I’ve learned in life – things that might help other people as they live their life.
- I’d think long and hard and determine if there was anyone – even in the slightest way – that I needed to ask forgiveness of or mend a relationship with.
- I’d share the gospel with every person that I randomly came in contact with during those six months; pleading with them to receive the freedom and forgiveness that’s found through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- I’d spend time in worship in anticipation of shortly seeing Jesus – the only true Lord and lover of my soul.
How about you?
If you knew you only had six months to live, what would you do?
After listing the answers to that question, here’s a follow up one.
Are you doing those things now? If the things you just listed would be the most important things in your life if you knew you only had six months to live, are they the most important things in your life now?
Doing what we say is important to us while we’re alive is the only way we will leave the kind of legacy we want when we die.
I’m 57 and healthy. But one of my current prayers is asking the Lord to give me another 25 years of good health and faithful fruitfulness. I want to make my life count and leave a legacy that will inspire others. How about you?
Living for a legacy
Ken L Roberts
I’d love to hear how you answered the question. Please leave a comment.